This is probably one of the most popular hollowing tools available on the market today and manufactured to the highest standards we have come to expect from Robert Sorby
The Multi Tip Hollowing Tool (RS200KT) is recommended by Robert Sorby for those who wish to take their first steps in hollowing. It is one of the most versatile tools around. Listed below are just some of the reasons why.
• The ¾ flat surface is in permanent contact with the tool rest and so minimises the impact of rotational forces putting the turning in control and allowing him to be as delicate or as aggressive as he wishes
• It features two hollowing tips which are fitted to a swivelling clamp
• Swivelling clamp allows for straight hollowing and undercutting under a rim
• One tip is rounded to create a flowing shape like bowls
• Second tip is pointed for squarer shapes like boxes
• Second end of each HSS tip is left plain for the turner to shape to his specific requirements
• Also includes a scraper blade for finishing
• Scraper has three different working faces making it a round scraper, a half-round scraper and a square scraper all rolled into one
• Scraper can be used on the half-round shank for shear scraping
• All three tips or cutters are HSS and sharpened with a diamond hone on the top
• Spare tips and cutters available
• Separate beading, coving, and dovetailing cutters available separately
This is one tool which is a must for each and every turner. It is an excellent tool and will not disappoint. Supplied complete with full instructions on how to use and care for this versatile turning tools
On Offer Today:
Creative Pen Turning HD – DVD
The sharpening system has just arrived and it is splendid!
As a newcomer to woodturning it is going to be invaluable.
Thank you very much for the free protractor - it is much appreciated and please be assured that I am very happy with this and previous orders and that Turners Toolbox will continue to be my first stop for all things woodturning.
Many thanks - John