The Robert Sorby Patriot Woodturning Chuck – Complete with either the chuck insert thread adaptor or a direct thread
Designed and manufactured in the United Kingdom by the team at Robert Sorby, the Patriot woodturning chuck and after carefully listening to the woodturner and his and hers requirements and what they want from the woodturning chuck. This chuck features a smooth 1” (25mm) of movement in expansion and contraction, built-in-safety features including the unique silicon band. All jaws have an internal and external dovetail and extra gripper teeth. It is lightweight and compact but capable of coping with any project. Together with an extensive range of optional jaws and accessories the Patriot chuck, provides the woodturner with all the means of holding the woodturning project securely on the lathe The Patriot chuck comes complete with the 2” (50mm) jaw set fitted and is ready to use straight from the box.
- Fits almost all available woodturning lathes in the country, with the many different size chuck insert / exerts
- Light and compact, yet ideal for all sizes of projects
- Smooth opening and closing action every time, with a single key operation and requires the lightest touch,
- Comes complete with 2” (50mm) jaw set fitted as standard
- Includes the Wood Screw. A very positive self-threading wood screw, the body has anti-rotation flats and a location recess to guarantee a positive hold in the chuck jaws.
- Hexagonal keys – The 4mm key is for use on the jaw screws. The 3mm key is for the insert retention screw
- All jaws are dovetailed on the inside and outside with extra serrated teeth for the additional positive grip
- Wide choice of optional jaws and accessories available, making the Patriot Chuck the most versatile woodturning chuck available
- Available with a direct thread or with the chuck insert or exert. Using the chuck insert or exert means that if at any time you decide to purchase a new lathe or an additional lathe, which is fitted with a different spindle. Rather than you buying a new or additional expensive chuck, all you need buy is a new chuck insert or exert to fit your new lathe
If the Patriot chuck with the insert / exert you require is not listed below. Email our office, leaving the spindle size of your lathe. Your name and contact details and a member of our team with get back to you with the information you require as soon as possible
If you are unsure to what is the spindle size of your lathe. Email our office, leaving details of your lathe if possible, include the name, make or modal of your woodturning lathe. Your name and contact details and a member of our team with get back to you with the information you require as soon as possible
Supplied: Patriot Woodturning Chuck complete with one of the following Inserts or Exerts
Insert – 3/4″ x16tpi – 20 x 2mm – 20 x 1.5mm – 7/8″ x 16tpi – 1” x 10tpi – 1” x 10tpi L/H – 25 x 2mm – 7/8″ x 12 – 1” x 8tpi – 5/8″ Plain Bore – 18 x 2.5mm – 1” x 12tpi – 1 1/8″ x 12tpi – 3/4″ x 10tpi – 30 x 3.5mm – 7/8″ x 12tpi L/H – 1 1/4″ x 8tpi – 24 x 3 – 30 x 1.5
Exert – 33 x 3.5